Our friends at Zen-tai Wellness Centre recently stopped by to present a lunch and learn centered around de-stressing in the workplace. As a group, we tend to reach for pop and candy to boost our energy, so Naturopathic Doctors Makoto Trotter and Aileen Lim-Trotter shared with us a number of ways to be more mindful about what we're eating.
Here are a few of our favourite tips:
• Always choose whole foods, meaning foods that have not been processed. Eat foods that look the way nature provided.
• Make vegetables the largest part of any meal.
• Never go longer than 4 hours without eating something - at least a snack
When eating out:
• Order water or tea rather than soft drinks
• Salad or vegetables instead of fries or potatoes
• Baked or steamed rather than fried
• Only eat until satisfied - don't stuff yourself
For more great healthy living tips or to learn more about Zen-tai's services, visit them at www.zen-tai.com. (Powered by WebCanada, of course!)
CategoriesArt & Design (3)
Concierge Plus (8)
Hotel Marketing (1)
Social Media (15)
Web Design (1)
DateFebruary, 2013 (3)
January, 2013 (6)
November, 2012 (4)
September, 2012 (7)
July, 2012 (11)
June, 2012 (10)
April, 2012 (4)
December, 2011 (6)
October, 2011 (4)
August, 2011 (16)
March, 2011 (4)
May, 2010 (6)
Latest PostsHotel in Spain Taking Social to the #NextLevel
Are your Followers Switched On?
Responsive Design 101
Don't just Boost Twitter Followers, Boost Engagement!