Purpose and Scope
This policy discloses what information we gather about you when you visit any website on the webcanada.com network or buy products or services directly from us. It describes how we use that information and how you can control it.
Information WebCanada Inc. Gathers
WebCanada Inc. collects two kinds of information about users: 1) data that users volunteer by signing up to receive news and product information, entering contests, completing surveys, or buying directly from us; and 2) aggregated tracking data we collect when users interact with us.
We use the personal information you provide voluntarily to send information you've requested and to fulfill orders. The specific use of your personal information varies, depending on how you contact us:
• When you subscribe to mailing lists to receive news and product information, you must provide your email address. We never sell or rent the email address you provide when subscribing to our lists.
• When you order products or services from us, we add you to our mailing lists and will contact you regarding related issues.
• When you enter a contest or survey, we may ask for your name, address, and email address, along with other personal information, so we can administer the contest and notify winners. We release personal information when we believe that release is appropriate to comply with the law, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of WebCanada Inc., our users, or others. This may include exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
In addition, WebCanada Inc. and its partners may engage in joint events or resell each others products. Such promotions will always reference the partners involved. Both WebCanada Inc. and the partner(s) will have access to that information.
Aggregated Tracking Data
We analyze visitors' use of our sites by tracking information such as downloads, page views, traffic flow, search terms, and click throughs. We use this information to improve our sites. We also share this anonymous traffic and demographic information in aggregate form with advertisers and other business partners. We do not share any information with advertisers that can identify an individual user.
We use IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the site, track user movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
Our website also automatically captures IP addresses. We use IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer our website, and to help ensure the security of your interaction with the website.
This site contains links to other sites. WebCanada Inc. is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other websites.
Contests & Surveys
We may run contests or surveys on our site in which we ask our users for contact information (like their email address). We use the customer contact information from the entry form to send the user information about our company and its products and services, or to contact them when it becomes necessary (notices like, service updates, patches, etc...). Users may opt-out of receiving future mailings (see the choice/opt-out section below).
Notification of Changes
Our site provides users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us and from our partners at the point where we request information about the user. This site gives users the following options for removing their information from our database so that they no longer receive future communications or access to our other services:
• You can send email to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating your request.
• You can reply to any unwanted communications that you receive, stating your request.
Reviewing Personal Data
You can review and validate the information that we have collected about you by sending a letter to our head office: WebCanada Inc., Attn. Privacy Administrator, 260 King Street East, Suite C-200, Toronto, ON, M5A 4L5, and requesting a review of your personal data.
Contacting the Website